Swirls of chocolate, vanilla and Creme Egg flavour ice cream, topped with even more Creme Eggs - this is an Easter dream.
This Creme Egg ice cream is quick and simple to make. You don't need an ice cream maker, or any specialist equipment. You simple whisk it up and freeze overnight until you're ready to serve it. To show you just how easy it is, watch our step-by-step video - you really can't go wrong. To make it into a really decadent Easter treat, we've serve it up inside a half of a chocolate egg. Then you just need to add your favourite sauces, whipped cream and any extra Creme Eggs you can handle.
- 100g milk chocolate
- 800ml double cream
- 400g condensed milk
- 2tsp vanilla flavouring
- A few drops of orange food colouring
- 6 Creme Eggs
- 80g Mini Creme Eggs
- 8 x Easter egg halves
- Mini Eggs
- Mini Creme Eggs
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate and caramel topping sauce
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks, then gently fold in the condensed milk and vanilla flavouring. Separate this mixture into three smaller bowls.
- In one bowl gently stir through the melted chocolate. In the second, add a few drops of orange food colouring, mixing until it looks like the same colour as the ‘yolk’ of your Creme Eggs. Chop three cream eggs into small pieces and add these to the third bowl, mixing well.
- Take a freezer-proof roasting tray or tupperware contain. Spoon large dollops of the three mixtures randomly into the tray. Swirl all three mixtures together to you get a marbled effect. Don't mix them too vigorously or you will lose the marbling effect.
- Top with halved large and Mini Creme Eggs and place in the freezer for at least six hours.
- Serve in halved Easter eggs instead of bowls and top with Mini Eggs, Mini Creme Eggs, whipped cream and topping sauces.
Top tips for making this Creme Egg ice cream
Make sure the melted chocolate is cool before adding it to the whipped cream mixture - if it's too warm it will cause the cream to flatten and you'll get a less smooth result in the chocolate ice cream swirls.
Note this recipe requires condensed milk not evaporated milk. Condensed milk is thicker and sweeter and will create the right texture in the finished ice cream.
You might also like...
Creme Egg recipes
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Jessica Dady is Food Editor at GoodTo and has over 11 years of experience as a digital editor, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the must-buy seasonal food hampers and advent calendars for Christmas to the family-friendly air fryers that’ll make dinner time a breeze, Jessica loves trying and testing various food products to find the best of the best for the busy parents among us. Over the years of working with GoodTo, Jessica has had the privilege of working alongside Future’s Test Kitchen to create how-to videos exclusively for GoodtoEat - as well as writing, testing, and shooting her own recipes. When she’s not embracing the great outdoors with her family at the weekends, Jessica enjoys baking up a storm in the kitchen with her favourite bakes being chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and a tray of gooey chocolate brownies.
Video recipe! Smoked trout pate
goodtoknow has lots of easy Christmas recipes like Smoked Trout Mousse. Check out our easy step-by-step guide to making these Christmas starters with our new baking video below.
By GoodtoKnow Published
Video recipe: Phil Vickery's ginger biscuits
These ginger biscuits look lovely and festive hanging from the tree at Christmas and they taste great too! Follow along in our easy step-by-step video recipe visit goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes
By Phil Vickery Published
Espresso Martini chocolate pots
Whizz these Espresso Martini chocolate pots up in 10 minutes for your dinner party – a perfect, lightly boozy dessert...
By Jess Meyer Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published