Want to make breakfast extra special? Rustle up Jamie’s easy but impressive bacon ‘n’ eggs
- 1 jar of chilli and garlic pesto
- Olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- A knob of butter
- 4 eggs, preferably free-range or organic, lightly beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices of good quality rustic bread
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add a splash of olive oil and the bacon. Fry for 5 to 10 minutes, until golden and crisp. Transfer the bacon on to some pieces of kitchen paper to drain and set aside.
Put a small pan on a low heat and slowly melt a good knob of butter until frothy. Pour the eggs into the pan and add a pinch of seasoning. Stir slowly with a wooden spoon or spatula, making sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
Meanwhile, pop the bread in the toaster. Your eggs are done when they still look silky and custard-like. Butter the toast, top with the eggs and serve with a good dollop of chilli and garlic pesto and your crispy bacon on the side.