Japanese-style salmon and vegetable curry is packed with falvour, with a teriyaki sauce and mixed vegetables like cauliflower, sweet potato and green beans cooked with curry paste. This is a great midweek curry recipe that's ready in just 35 minutes. As this recipe is under 500 calories is considered one of our low calorie meals (opens in new tab).
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g Chinese curry paste (we used Blue Dragon)
- 250ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 x 125g salmon fillets
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 200g green beans
- lime, cut in wedges (optional)
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, add the sweet potato and fry gently for 4-5 mins. Pour over the curry sauce and stock, gently simmer, covered, for 10-15 mins until the potato is almost cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower and replace the lid continue cooking while you cook the salmon.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and add the salmon fillets, skin side down. Cook on a high heat for 3-4 mins until crisp, turn over and cook for 2-3 mins until cooked through, basting regularly with the teriakye sauce.
- When the salmon is almost cooked add the green beans to the curry sauce and cook until tender. Serve with lime wedges, if you like.
Top Tip for making Japanese-style salmon and vegetable curry
Swap the salmon for white fish instead - try cod or sea bass.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe is perfect for vegetarians. It's packed full of delicious veggies with plenty of flavour too thanks to the chilli, cardamom and curry paste
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon
For a perfect taste of takeaway fakery, try this Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon. Serve with sesame seeds and pickled ginger.
By Sibelle Mehmet • Published
Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry
This delicious Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry recipe takes a classic dish and reduces the calories to turn it into a healthy family meal
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published
The Queen's hilariously clever trick to get guests to dinner in a timely manner
Queen Elizabeth II's clever way she got guests to dinner promptly.
By Selina Maycock • Published