Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Macaroni cheese pancakes combine two of our favourite classic American recipes - pancakes and macaroni cheese! Enjoy as a really indulgent breakfast treat or a super tasty lunch or dinner choice.
This delicious macaroni cheese pancakes recipe sounds like it shouldn't work but it really does - pairing the two classic American treats, you get the best of both worlds in one. These macaroni pancakes are so good, they can be enjoyed with bacon, just as you would normal pancakes. Kids and grown-ups alike will love this pancake recipe (opens in new tab).
- 60g self-raising flour
- 175g milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 200g macaroni
- 200g grated Cheddar
- 1 tsp mustard
- Oil or butter, to fry
- Cook your pasta, according to packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Prepare your batter by measuring out the flour in a bowl and add the salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk and egg then add to the bowl of flour. Whisk to remove any lumps then add the mustard and a handful of cheese. Stir to combine.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a medium-sized frying pan. Add a generous ladle of batter to the pan, swirl to spread and allow to cook on one side.
- Before turning your pancake, drop a handful of cooked pasta onto the uncooked batter then cover with a handful of cheese. Carefully turn your pancake so the batter cooks and the cheese gets nice and crispy. Serve straight from the pan, crispy side up.
Top tips for making mac and cheese pancakes
You can use whatever cheese you like to make these pancakes; try Cheddar, mozzarella, Stilton and more.
You might also like...
Potato pancakes (opens in new tab)
Potato rosti (opens in new tab)
Pancake toppings (opens in new tab)