Nutella trifle is the ultimate twist on a classic that Nutella fans will go wild for!
Nutella trifle is the perfect showstopper for special occasions. It's easy and takes just 20 minutes to prepare, with layers of cream, Nutella and brioche. This deliciously naughty dessert will be the talk of the dinner table. If you know a Nutella fan you could also make them a Nutella trifle instead of a birthday cake and we are sure they would love it!
- 600ml whole milk
- few drops vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 200g Nutella
- 1 loaf chocolate chip brioche
- 300mls whipping cream
- 100g bar Hazelnut Ritter Sport
- Warm the milk and vanilla in a pan. Whisk the egg yolks and cornflour. Slowly pour the warmed milk into the eggs, whisking, then pour the mixture back into the pan. Heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the Nutella until melted and chocolatey. Cover with cling film (rest it on the surface so it doesn't form a skin) then chill until completely cold.
- Whip the cream and chop the chocolate into chunks. Layer up the trifle in a serving bowl with the brioche and custard, top with the cream and chocolate and chill until ready to eat.
Top Tip for making Nutella trifle
Make this trifle extra naughty by decorating with Ferrero Rocher or your favourite chocolate treat