A lighter twist on a pork roast – just pop it in and leave it while you have a drink and a chat! Ideal for Sunday lunch with lots of lovely summer Mediterranean-style vegetables
- 4 pork chops, bone in
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 600g waxy potatoes (eg Charlotte), sliced 1cm thick
- 2 red onions, sliced thickly
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced (fronds reserved and chopped
- 2 peppers, sliced200g portobello or medium-sized mushrooms, halved
- 1tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Marinate the pork chops in 2tbsp of the oil, the vinegar and thyme and set aside.
- Heat the oven to Mark 7/ 220°C. Arrange the potatoes in a shallow roasting tin with the onion, fennel and peppers and coat with the remaining olive oil. Season, then add the pork chops.
- Cook for 15 mins, turn the heat down to Mark 5/ 190°C and turn the chops and toss the veg about a bit, then continue cooking for 25 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 10 mins. Scatter over the parsley and fennel fronds and serve with a crunchy salad (see tip, top left).
Top Tip for making One-pot pork chops
For a side dish, toss a 100g bag of watercress with a thinly sliced green apple and 50g chopped walnuts. Serve drizzled with a creamy dressing.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Jessica Dady is Food Editor at GoodTo and has over 11 years of experience as a digital editor, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the must-buy seasonal food hampers and advent calendars for Christmas to the family-friendly air fryers that’ll make dinner time a breeze, Jessica loves trying and testing various food products to find the best of the best for the busy parents among us. Over the years of working with GoodTo, Jessica has had the privilege of working alongside Future’s Test Kitchen to create how-to videos exclusively for GoodtoEat - as well as writing, testing, and shooting her own recipes. When she’s not embracing the great outdoors with her family at the weekends, Jessica enjoys baking up a storm in the kitchen with her favourite bakes being chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and a tray of gooey chocolate brownies.
Learn how to make pork curry at home with this cheap, quick and easy recipe. This delicious pork curry recipe is a real family favourite
By Jessica Dady Last updated
Spicy pepper pulled pork
By Jessica Dady Published
Slimming World's roast dinner
With Slimming World's roast dinner you'll never feel like you have to miss out on the most important meal of the week again.
By Slimming World Last updated
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published