Prawns and citrus fruit help give this healthy dish plenty of flavour - and it's ready in just quarter of an hour
- 4 x 150g (5oz) thick pieces cod fillet
- 60ml (4tbsp) seasoned flour
- 10ml (2tsp) sunflower oil
- 65g (2½ oz) butter
- 100g (4oz) small cooked, peeled prawns
- Finely grated rind and juice from 1 lemon
- 450g (1lb) spinach leaves, lightly steamed, to serve
- Dust the cod pieces with the seasoned flour. Heat the oil and half the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan until melted and foaming. Add the cod and fry for 4 mins on each side until just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper. Add the rest of the butter and heat until melted. Add the prawns and lemon rind and heat gently for 20-30 seconds, then stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve the cod pieces with the cooked spinach and pour over the lemon and prawn butter. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
Top Tip for making Pan-fried cod with prawn and lemon butter
You could make this dish with another white fish - such as haddock - if you prefer.
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon
Our prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon is so simple to make at home and is bursting with plenty of flavour - the perfect mid-week meal.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Prawn toast is incredibly easy to make yourself and so delicious it's almost criminal. This recipe for prawn toast is prepped in just ten mins too.
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published
Is Gone Fishing coming back and how many episodes are there?
Fans are wondering if Gone Fishing is coming back on TV starring Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.
By Selina Maycock • Last updated