Prawns and citrus fruit help give this healthy dish plenty of flavour – and it’s ready in just quarter of an hour
- 4 x 150g (5oz) thick pieces cod fillet
- 60ml (4tbsp) seasoned flour
- 10ml (2tsp) sunflower oil
- 65g (2½ oz) butter
- 100g (4oz) small cooked, peeled prawns
- Finely grated rind and juice from 1 lemon
- 450g (1lb) spinach leaves, lightly steamed, to serve
Dust the cod pieces with the seasoned flour. Heat the oil and half the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan until melted and foaming. Add the cod and fry for 4 mins on each side until just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper. Add the rest of the butter and heat until melted. Add the prawns and lemon rind and heat gently for 20-30 seconds, then stir in the lemon juice.
Serve the cod pieces with the cooked spinach and pour over the lemon and prawn butter. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
Top tip for making Pan-fried cod with prawn and lemon butter
You could make this dish with another white fish - such as haddock - if you prefer.