Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Learn how to make your own Piri-Piri sauce with this simple recipe. The refreshingly hot and spicy marinade is delicious with chicken or pork. It can be as hot or as mild as you wish and can also be use as a dipping sauce
- 6 whole fresh red chillies
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 quartered and deseeded red pepper
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- ½ tsp fresh oregano
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 1 spatchcocked chicken
- 8 chicken joints or 12 chicken wings
- Set oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Put chillies, unpeeled cloves of garlic and red pepper in a roasting tin. Roast for 30 mins.
- Put them all in a polybag and leave to cool for 10 mins. Squeeze the chillies out of their skins; remove seeds.
- Remove skin from the garlic and pepper. Roughly chop them all and put in a pan with salt flakes, dried oregano or fresh oregano, ground paprika, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Simmer for 2-3 mins. Cool, then blend with a stick blender to make a smooth sauce.
- Keep the Piri Piri in a jar in the fridge. Use within 1 month.
- Use to make Piri Piri Chicken: Spread half the sauce over a spatchcocked chicken, chicken joints or chicken wings. Marinate for 1 hr. Cook on a griddle, a barbecue or in the oven.
Top Tip for making Piri-Piri sauce
Variation: Leave out the red pepper, and add more garlic and chillies for a really hot sauce.