Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Minced pork infused with chilli flakes, cumin seeds, garlic, coriander, and onions.
These pork ragu enchiladas have a rich tomato-based sauce, a creamy cheese topping, and heaps of veg all for just 497 calories per serving. Garnish with spring onions and serve with homemade tomato salsa.
- 1kg (2¼lb) minced pork
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes or 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, roughly crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 packs 8 soft flour tortillas
- 200ml tub of crème fraîche
- 200g (7oz) mature Cheddar and Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 8 tomatoes, chopped,
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped,
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Heat a large frying pan, add half the mince in a thin layer and dry-fry for 5 mins until browned. Tip into a large bowl. Cook the rest of the mince. Add to the first batch.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the peppers, chilli, garlic, cumin and coriander seeds, and fry for 5 mins. Pour in the can of tomatoes and a can full of hot water and then crumble in the stock cube. Simmer, uncovered, for at least an hour, or longer, until the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave (2 at a time for 15 seconds) to make them more flexible. Divide the hot pork mixture between them, roll them up, pack into 1 or 2 dishes. Spoon crème fraîche over, sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Put the dish under the grill, on medium, until sizzling and golden. Sprinkle with spring onion.
- Mix the salsa ingredients together and serve with the enchiladas.
Top tips for making pork ragu enchiladas
To freeze, cool completely, and then cover with cling film and seal and label. Freeze for up to one month.
To serve from the freezer, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in an oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 30-40 minutes.
You might also like...
More low calorie meals (opens in new tab)
Rosemary Conley’s chicken enchiladas
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
These coconut macaroons are an amazing three-ingredient recipe and they're ready in less than 20 minutes. A quick and easy sweet.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Chocolate orange cake
This more-ish chocolate orange cake is great for making with the kids in the holidays. Make sure you get first dibs on licking the chocolate bowl though!
By Jessica Dady • Published
Gordon Ramsay's Black Forest cake
A beautiful, decadent Black Forest cake with moist chocolate sponge and kirsch-soaked cherries. A truly epic teatime treat.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Winter Love Island has been confirmed for 2023
Winter Love Island is back for another year
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated
Aldi is selling two brand new autumn gins and they look incredible
By Naomi Jamieson • Published