Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This classic prawn salad recipe is a real favourite come lunch time. A light and delicious prawn salad is just the thing for a Summer time lunch. Succulent prawns combine with olives and tomatoes in a tangy lemon dressing. You can often find prawns on special offer in the supermarket so this recipe can be quite economical. Serve it with wholemeal bread for a healthy meal. A crisp, fresh salad adds another dimension to this salad along with the cucumber and pitted olives. This delicious, healthy salad takes only 10 mins to prepare and serves 4 people.
- 1 small lettuce, torn into shreds
- 450g cooked and shelled prawns
- 100g green pitted olives
- ½ cucumber, cut into small dice
- 4 tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
For the lemon dressing:
- 5tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- Pinch dry mustard powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon slices and sprigs of dill to garnish
- Arrange the lettuce on a large serving platter. Add the prawns, olives, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Put the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, caster sugar and mustard powder into a small screw-top jar or small bowl and shake vigorously or whisk together until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Serve garnished with lemon slices and sprigs of dill and serve with crusty wholemeal bread.
Top Tip for making Prawn salad with lemon dressing
You could use mixed seafood for this recipe instead of the prawns. A Marie Rose sauce would work well with this recipe instead of the lemon dressing.