Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
What’s not to love in our quick crispy mozzarella chicken? Succulent chicken, rich tomato sauce and hot melting cheese sounds like a match made in flavour heaven to us.
How do you make breaded chicken (opens in new tab) even more tasty? Add a rich tomato sauce (opens in new tab) and oozy, melted mozzarella of course! Our quick crispy mozzarella chicken is best served hot with a crunchy side salad but leftovers could also be sliced and served in a crusty bread sandwich with a generous dollop of mayonnaise. This Italian-inspired recipe (opens in new tab) is ready in under and hour and is sure to a hit with the whole family. Instead of frying the chicken you could cook it under the grill, it will shave off a few calories. Make sure the juices run clear and the internal temperature is 74C, for more tips on how to cook chicken, read our guide here. (opens in new tab)
- 2 chicken breasts , sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 cloved garlic, finely sliced
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 400g mozzarella, sliced
- 150ml dry white wine
- 100g parmesan, grated
- Basil, to garnish
- Slice chicken breasts in half. Place the flour on a large plate and season with salt and pepper and the dried Italian herbs mix. Dip the chicken in the seasoned flour, ensuring it sticks to the meat evenly. Heat a large pan on medium high and add the oil. Fry the chicken until golden on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set to one side.
- Fry shallots with a pinch of salt for 5 mins until softened, add garlic and fry for 30 secs. Add the tomatoes and wine and cook for another 5 mins until they have softened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Lay the slices of mozzarella over the chicken breast and then sprinkle over the Parmesan. Grill for 5 mins until melted and golden. Garnish with a few leaves of basil.
Top Tip for making Quick crispy mozzarella chicken
Gluten free breadcrumbs would work well in place of flour. We like Crimble’s