This roasted Mediterranean vegetables with mint couscous recipe is the perfect way to make sure the whole family is getting their daily dose of nutrients and can count towards their 5-a-day. Adding a little honey to the vegetables in this recipe helps to bring out their natural sweetness, and will liven up the couscous. Ready is just 30 minutes, this is the perfect meal for the midweek rush.
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 200g couscous
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to Mark 6, 200°C, 400°F. Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and scatter with the fresh chilli. Stir well to coat the vegetables evenly in oil and roast for 15 mins.
- Stir the honey into the vegetables and cook for a further 10 mins, or until tender and beginning to brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 350ml boiling water. Sprinkle generously with salt. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside for 10 mins. Flake the couscous up with a fork and stir in the mint. Serve topped with the roasted vegetables.
Top Tip for making Roasted mediterranean vegetables with mint couscous
Any leftovers from this meal will keep in the fridge for a few days, or make a tasty addition to a packed lunch.
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Soft baked aubergine stuffed and flavoured with a host of aromatic herbs...
By Samuel Goldsmith • Last updated
Baked stuffed peppers
This recipe for roasted bacon and egg stuffed peppers is a classic woman's weekly recipe taken from 1958. Stuff the peppers with bacon, egg and breadrumbs and spinkle with plenty of cheese. Bake for 50 mins and serve hot with peas or salad.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Slow roasted tomato pasta
By Jessica Dady • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published
Following a vegetarian diet? Here's a list of the most surprising foods that aren't vegetarian
You need to be checking the labels on your cheese, your sweets and even your wine (sob!)
By GoodtoKnow • Published