Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
With vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, orange juice, and a dash of lemon, you can whip up your own sex on the beach cocktail in just 10 minutes.
Perfect for a hot summer's day, the sex on the beach cocktail is a refreshing combination of peach schnapps, vodka, and fruit juices. Serve with plenty of ice and lemon. If you have time, chill your cocktail glasses in the fridge for at least half an hour before pouring. Not only will this keep your cocktail cooler for longer, but it will give the glass a professional-looking frosty sheen.
- Ice cubes
- 50ml vodka
- 50ml peach schnapps
- Dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 100-150ml cranberry juice
- 100-150ml orange juice
- Lemon slices, fresh or maraschino cherries and mint sprigs, to serve
- Fill two chilled highball glasses with ice cubes. Place the vodka, peach schnapps and lemon juice in cocktail shaker and shake well or pour into a jug and stir well. Divide between the two glasses.
- Top up each glass with equal measures of cranberry and orange juice. Add a slice of lemon and a cherry to each glass and serve decorated with fresh mint sprigs.
Watch how to make sex on the beach cocktail
Top tips for making sex on the beach cocktail
For an extra fruity flavour make this cocktail with strawberry vodka and replace half the orange juice with pineapple juice.
How did sex on the beach cocktail get its name?
Originating from Florida, the sex on the beach cocktail was named after a bartender in 1987 as a way to promote the growing popularity of peach schnapps. He named it after 'sex' and the 'beach' as he considered these two of the main attractions of visitors to the bar during Spring Break.
Should you shake sex on the beach to mix?
You don't shake sex on the beach cocktail, you should roll or stir to avoid over-dilution. You don't want to melt the ice too much either otherwise, you'll lose out on the fresh fruity flavours.
You might also like...
Old fashioned cocktail (opens in new tab)
Cosmopolitan cocktail (opens in new tab)
Sangria (opens in new tab)