Learn how to make this takeaway favourite at home. This easy Singapore egg fried rice serves four people.
Singapore egg fried rice is a super quick recipe that's ready in only 25 mins and with plenty of veg and prawns, it's a real winner of a dinner. This Singapore egg fried rice can be a dish on its own, or you can make it as as a side with other takeaway favourites.
- 2tsp garam masala
- 2tsp curry powder
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 spring onions, sliced, some reserved for the garnish
- 1-2 red and green chillies, sliced
- 200g raw prawns
- 2x250g pouches microwaveable Basmati rice
- 100g petits pois
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Heat a large frying pan and dry-fry the spices until fragrant. Add the oil, garlic, spring onions and chillies, and continue cooking for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Tip the prawns and stir until well coated in spices. Spoon in the rice and peas, then cover with a lid and cook for a further 5 minutes, until everything is cooked through.
- Move the rice mix to one side of the pan and tip in the eggs. Allow to cook slightly, then quickly stir through the rice mixture. Serve with extra chilli and spring onion.
Top tips for making Singapore egg fried rice
- Using microwaveable rice is a great cheat for when you don't have loads of time to cook but still want to make a nutritious meal for your family.
- If the kids are going to be eating this dish, then you might want to leave out the red and green chillies as it's milder without them, but just as tasty.
- If you're not a fan of prawns, you can easily make this recipe with shredded chicken, or you can go veggie with lots of colourful peppers.
You can learn how to cook rice perfectly with our simple guide, and learn what's best about different grains!