Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Slimming World diet cola chicken recipe is made with tender pieces of chicken breast.
This mouthwatering diet cola chicken recipe by Slimming World is ready in under an hour and serves four people. The diet cola adds a sweet flavour and sticky texture along with the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and passata to create one flavoursome dinner. Packed with veggies including red, yellow, and green peppers, this dish is a healthy, filling option.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 330ml can of diet cola
- 200ml boiling chicken stock
- 120g passata with onions and garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2-3 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- Spray a wide non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken, peppers and onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the diet cola, stock, passata, tomato purée, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and dried mixed herbs and stir well. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar snap peas and turn the heat to medium-high. Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain the potatoes well, return them to the pan with the fromage frais, season well and mash until smooth and serve hot. Recipe courtesy of Slimming World (opens in new tab)
Watch how to make Slimming World diet cola chicken
Top tips for making Slimming World’s diet cola chicken
If you're a vegetarian swap the Slimming World chicken for Quorn or tofu pieces instead - just cook for less time according to packet instructions.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving again and make sure the chicken is piping hot.
Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or Slimming World chips for a homely weekday evening dinner. If you want an even healthier option serve with freshly made salad.
You might also like...