Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Forget cheese sandwiches and sausage rolls - get creative for your next picnic with this tasty salmon and potato tortilla.
- 500g (1lb) new potatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 level tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 140g packet smoked salmon slices or trimmings, chopped
- 20cm (8in) round ovenproof dish, well buttered and base-lined with a circle of baking parchment
- Set the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4).
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-12 mins or until they are just tender, then drain and leave to cool slightly before slicing them.
- Lightly beat the eggs, stir in the dill and seasoning then stir in the potatoes and salmon. Pour the mixture into the ovenproof dish.
- Bake the tortilla in the centre of oven for 35-45 mins or until the egg has just set in the centre, and the mixture is just beginning to shrink back from the sides of the dish.
- Remove the dish from the oven and leave the tortilla to cool for about 10-15 mins, then turn it out on to a board and leave to cool completely. Cut into 8 wedges and pack into a container to transport it to the picnic.
You might also like…
Salmon fillet recipes (opens in new tab)
How to cook salmon (opens in new tab)
Canned salmon recipes (opens in new tab)
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Cloud eggs recipe: How to make Instagram's latest breakfast obsession
Our cloud eggs recipe is really a pretty way to serve up your breakfast. With fluffy bottoms and dippy tops the whole family will love these...
By Rosie Conroy • Published
Gluten-free scones are perfect for anyone who is gluten intolerant and they go great with a cup of afternoon tea and plenty of jam and cream...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Gluten-free smoked salmon tartlets
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Kinder Bueno mini eggs exist and fans are drooling
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published