Plain chocolate, light muscovado sugar, vanilla extract, and pecan nuts make up these moist pecan brownies.
The pecans bring a sweet, earthy flavour to the brownies. This recipe makes 16 brownie squares baked in 25 minutes. We’ve used dark, plain chocolate in this recipe but you could swap for milk chocolate instead if preferred.
- 110g (4oz) plain chocolate, broken into squares
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 175g (6oz) light muscovado sugar
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- Generous pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 110g (4oz) chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC (325ºF, gas mark 3) and base-line a 20cm (8") square shallow baking tin.
- Put the chocolate and the butter into a bowl and melt gently over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Next, stir in the two sugars and the vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then mix in the flour, salt and the pecans. Don't overdo the mixing - a brownie batter is better if it's a little unevenly mixed. Remember, you don't want to get too much air into the mixture - think fudgy all the way.
- Scrape into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for about 25-35 mins until set but not solid. Cool in the tin, then cut into squares. If there are any squares that are not gobbled up within the next hour, store those in an airtight tin.
Top tips for making pecan brownies
Swap the pecans for other nuts instead such as cashew nuts, brazils, hazelnuts or walnuts.
You might also like…
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Jessica Dady is Food Editor at GoodTo and has over 11 years of experience as a digital editor, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the must-buy seasonal food hampers and advent calendars for Christmas to the family-friendly air fryers that’ll make dinner time a breeze, Jessica loves trying and testing various food products to find the best of the best for the busy parents among us. Over the years of working with GoodTo, Jessica has had the privilege of working alongside Future’s Test Kitchen to create how-to videos exclusively for GoodtoEat - as well as writing, testing, and shooting her own recipes. When she’s not embracing the great outdoors with her family at the weekends, Jessica enjoys baking up a storm in the kitchen with her favourite bakes being chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and a tray of gooey chocolate brownies.
Gluten free biscuit recipe with no added sugar
Our gluten free biscuit recipe uses chocolate as the sweetener making them deliicous and squidgy.
By Jessica Dady Published
Espresso Martini chocolate pots
Whizz these Espresso Martini chocolate pots up in 10 minutes for your dinner party – a perfect, lightly boozy dessert...
By Jess Meyer Published
White chocolate passion fruit mousse
Easy to make ahead, these deceptively light and low-carb white chocolate passion fruit mousse are a dream...
By Jessica Ransom Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published