Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These vegan protein pancakes are great for keeping you fuller for longer. Perfect for breakfast.
Healthy avocado and spinach make up this Nutristrength vegan protein pancake recipe (opens in new tab). While traditional protein is often made from cow's milk and/or eggs, vegan protein is made from pea or soy. As well as being ideal for those following a vegan diet, many non-vegans or vegetarians opt for pea-based proteins to help with digestion.
- 1 scoop pea protein classic vanilla
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 cups gluten free porridge oats
- a handful baby spinach
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups almond milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt (+ nutristrength coconut oil for frying)
- Add all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and scoop 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread into circle.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until a spatula easily slides underneath it to flip.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Top with maple syrup, fruit, or your favourite pancake topping. Enjoy!
Top tips for making vegan protein pancakes:
While we've sourced our powder from Nutristrength where avocado is the main ingredient, unsurprising given the colourful green tone, protein powder comes in many other flavours. So, don't be afraid to mix it up! If you're looking for pancakes with a sweeter finish, go for a chocolate or blueberry flavour. For a more breakfasty-feel, opt for banana.
You might also like:
Cinnamon roll pancakes (opens in new tab)