Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These mincemeat cupcakes with coconut snow are the perfect Christmas treat for your Christmas party. This cupcake recipe (opens in new tab) make the most of the best bit of Christmas - the mince pies! These are really fun little cupcakes you can make with the kids, plus, you could even add some colourful sprinkles if you want to mix things up a bit and make them even more colourful. You can buy some lovely Christmas-themed cupcake cases too which will add some colour and fun to them!
For the cakes:
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 2tbsp milk
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 75g mincemeat
For the icing and topping
- 200g icing sugar
- 3tbsp clementine juice or water
- 100g desiccated coconut, plus extra for 'snow'
- Set the oven to 190°C/Gas 5.
- Place all the cupcake ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cases, and bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 mins, or until the cakes have risen and are just firm to the touch in the centre.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool before decorating.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Add the clementine juice or water, 1tbsp at a time and mix together until it makes a thick paste.
- Fold in the desiccated coconut. When the cakes are cool, spread the mixture thickly over the top.
- Shake a thick layer of coconut over the top, spinkle with gold balls or other Christmassy decorations and serve.
Top Tip for making Mincemeat cupcakes with coconut snow
Brushing a little melted jam over the tops of your cupcakes stops them drying out and helps the icing stick
You might also like…
Chocolate cupcake recipe (opens in new tab)
Vanilla cupcakes recipe (opens in new tab)
Christmas cupcake ideas (opens in new tab)