Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These delicious 2 ingredient banana pancakes are a healthy option and take just minutes to cook.
2-ingredient banana pancakes are certainly the healthier choice for breakfast or brunch as well, with only 39 calories per serving. And as they’re ready to go in just 20 minutes, these are one of the best go-to speedy breakfast options out there. Unlike our classic pancake recipe (opens in new tab), we’d recommend making these pancakes like small drop scones, just because they’re easier to flip this way. But if you find it difficult to flip pancakes, you can just pop these under the grill for 3 to 5 minutes for the same result.
- 1 med banana
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of baking powder (optional)
- For these two-ingredient pancakes, in a large mixing bowl peel and mash the banana. In a separate bowl or jug, crack and whisk the eggs.
- Gradually add the eggs to the mashed banana, whisking as you go. If you've opted to add baking powder, add this now. Whisk until combined. The mixture needs to be smooth and as lump-free as possible. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and grease with butter.
- Once the butter has melted and begins to sizzle, pour a small amount of the mixture onto the pan. If you want to make sure your pancakes are the same size, use a ladle.
- Cook for 3-5 mins. Flip the pancake once they're golden on the side that is touching the frying pan. You should be able to slide the spatula under the pancake easily. Cook the other side for the same time. Repeat until you've made 3-6 small pancakes.
Top tips for making banana pancakes:
If you’re on a health kick, add some more fruit to the mixture. Raspberries and blueberries make the best additions as when they heat up, the juice oozes from the fruit and makes the pancakes a lovely colour too.
You might also like...
Vegan pancakes (opens in new tab)
American pancakes (opens in new tab)
Blueberry pancakes (opens in new tab)