Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Build-your-own tarts make a really simple lunch, easy dinner or brunch and great for when you want to cook with kids. You can buy your favourite pizza toppings and mix and match to make so many different flavour combinations on the ready-made puff pastry base.
You can get the kids to help by choosing which toppings they like and adding their own. They're also really quick to make as they only take up to 15 minutes in the oven so you can have dinner on the table in 20 mins - which, let's face it, is an absolute dream when you've got a million other things to do!
- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8tbsp pizza sauce
- 100g grated mozzarella
- 4tbsp sweetcorn
- 2 pineapple rings
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 3 slices ham, torn
- Small handful basil, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220C, gas 7. Unroll the pastry and stamp out any shapes you like. With a knife, gently score a 1cm border around the edge of each shape.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with a little egg and bake for 10 mins, until lightly golden and puffed.
- Spread a little pizza sauce over the centre of each and top with any combination of your favourite toppings, plus extra cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and bubbling. Top with basil and serve.
Top Tip for making Build-your-own tarts
You can either eat these straight away or save them for packed lunches and speedy snacks.