Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Our cherry and coconut loaf is lovely sliced up and served with a cup of tea.
You’ll love this cherry and coconut cake with it’s moist texture and fruity flavour. Easy to make, this recipe expertly blends sweet glacé cherries with the nuttiness of desiccated coconut, resulting in a light, soft and crumbly sponge. Prepped in just 15 minutes, this cake will be baked in around 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly after taking it out of the oven, and serve warm with a scoop of soft, no churn vanilla ice cream (opens in new tab) - or, just a simple cup of tea.
- 250g (8oz) plain flour
- 175g (6oz) butter, softened
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 2tbsp milk
- 150g (5oz) glacé cherries
- 60g (2oz) desiccated coconut
- 1kg (2lb) loaf tin, buttered and lined with a strip of baking parchment
- Set the oven to moderate, 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4). Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the butter, sugar, eggs and milk, and beat until smooth.
- Cut cherries in half and fold into the mixture along with the desiccated coconut. Spoon into the loaf tin and level the surface.
- Bake the loaf in the centre of the oven for 45 mins to 1 hr, or until the cake has risen and feels firm to the touch, and a skewer comes out clean after being inserted into the centre.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10-15 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Top tip for making cherry and coconut loaf:
If loaf cake recipes (opens in new tab) are a favourite in your household, take a look at these related recipes: