Our easy chicken and red pepper pie has a creamy tarragon white wine sauce and is 414 calories per portion.
Whereas the Joe Wicks chicken pie uses filo pastry for a lighter finish, we roll the puff pastry which makes it stretch further and keeps the calorie count well under 500. Serve with steamed vegetables and a carrot and swede mash if you want lighter options compared to the classic creamy mashed potatoes.
- 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, approx 650g, cut into small cubes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 100ml white wine
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 200g low-fat crème fraîche
- 1 egg, beaten
- 85g puff pastry, thinly rolled