Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These lightly spiced cranberry orange muffins are moist, sweet, and perfect with a cup of tea.
These mouthwatering cranberry orange muffins are baked in just 25 minutes. The mixed spice and sharp flavour from the cranberries pair perfectly together. A hint of orange and a dash of vanilla essence, and you’ve got one delicious batch of cranberry muffins (opens in new tab).
- 150g dried cranberries
- 175ml milk
- 175g plain flour
- 2tsp ground mixed spice
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 50g butter, melted and cooled
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Grated rind ½ small orange
- Place the cranberries in a bowl and cover with the milk. Leave to soak for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Fan 170°C/Gas Mark 5. Place paper muffin cases in a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and spice into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour. In a separate bowl, using a fork or a balloon whisk, whisk the eggs, melted butter, milk, vanilla, orange rind and cranberries until well combined.
- Add the liquid to the well in the flour and spices. Using a large metal spoon gently mix the ingredients until they are just combined. It is important not to over-mix the mixture in order to achieve the classic muffin texture.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and springy to touch. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm or cold.
Top tips for making cranberry orange muffins
For a more intense, citrus flavour swap the vanilla extract for freshly squeezed orange juice.
You might also like…
Blueberry muffins (opens in new tab)
Banana muffins (opens in new tab)
Chocolate muffins (opens in new tab)
Banana and bacon muffins make a delicious combo that is not to be missed. Perfect for weekend brunch these tasty muffins are full of flavour
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Chocolate orange muffins
By Jessica Dady • Published
Blueberry orange muffins
These tangy blueberry and orange muffins are so easy to make and are full of sweet berries and citrusy orange which make a great combo
By Emily Stedman • Published
Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts
Make perfect doughnuts at home with Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts recipe, made with malt powder and filled with a sweet chocolate cream.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Pilchard fishcakes are a flavour-packed lunch or party food that makes the most of a British ingredient. Pilchards are cheap to buy and full of healthy fats.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Puff pastry minced beef pie
This delicious puff pastry minced beef pie is pleasingly easy to whip up but is always a hit with the whole family. The crisp, flaky golden pastry is a winner.
By Jessica Dady • Published
The Queen's early morning sweet snack is very pricey
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Aldi's wooden toys are back in time for Christmas
The best-selling range of wooden toys at Aldi is better than ever
By Heidi Scrimgeour • Last updated