Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A classic Anglo-Indian dish, full of spice and flavour, these Kedgeree cakes are easy to make at home. They're the perfect option if you fancy something hearty for breakfast or brunch. Or you could serve them as a light dinner on a bed of salad.
This recipe serves 4 people and will take around 20 minutes to prepare and cook. These Kedgeree cakes are best made and eaten on the same day. However leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up 2 days.
- 8oz chilled pre-prepared mashed potato
- 8oz smoked haddock
- 1/2 oz butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 2 chopped hard boiled eggs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1oz flour
- 1tsp chopped parsley
- 3oz breadcrumbs
- 1tbp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Make the mash as per instructions
- Melt the butter in a pan, add chopped onions and sweat, do not colour
- Add curry powder, stir and cook gently for 1 minute
- Add flaked smoked haddock, free of skin and bone. Stir and cook, do not break up too much
- Take off heat and cool, add to mashed potato and chopped hard boiled eggs and mix
- Beat the eggs, drip a little into fish cake, add parsley and season, mix
- Divide mix into 8 even sized pieces. Mould into balls
- Pass through seasoned flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Flatten and shape using a palette knife
- Pan fry in a little oil