Minced lamb meatballs on kebab sticks, cooked in delicious Greek herbs and spices.
These lamb kebabs are just like meatballs. Made from minced lamb, bulked up with white breadcrumbs and spiced up with cumin, coriander and a kick of hot tabasco sauce. They are quick and easy to make, and really cheap too - in fact, with a few tweaks, you can bring in this recipe at under £1 per head. It makes a great weekend lunch if you're eating outside in the sunshine, and you can have it on the table in less than half and hour.
This recipe is part of our cheap family meals collection – under £1 a head
- 250g minced lamb
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 mini pitta bread, to serve
For the dressing:
- ½ x 200g carton Greek yogurt
- ¼ of a cucumber, chopped
- Place the minced lamb in a bowl and add the other ingredients and mix well. Divide the mixture into 12 and shape each into a ball.
- Thread the balls onto skewers. Cook the lamb balls under a hot grill for 10-15 mins, turning them occasionally so they cook through.
- To make the dressing: Tip the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the cucumber and seasoning.
- Warm the pitta bread before serving. Slit open the bread and fill each with 3 balls of lamb and spoon on some of the dressing. Alternatively, serve the lamb still on the skewers with the pitta bread and dressing. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top tip for making lamb kebabs
For extra spice, serve with pickled chillies to add an authentic Greek touch to your pitta meal.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Jessica Dady is Food Editor at GoodTo and has over 11 years of experience as a digital editor, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the must-buy seasonal food hampers and advent calendars for Christmas to the family-friendly air fryers that’ll make dinner time a breeze, Jessica loves trying and testing various food products to find the best of the best for the busy parents among us. Over the years of working with GoodTo, Jessica has had the privilege of working alongside Future’s Test Kitchen to create how-to videos exclusively for GoodtoEat - as well as writing, testing, and shooting her own recipes. When she’s not embracing the great outdoors with her family at the weekends, Jessica enjoys baking up a storm in the kitchen with her favourite bakes being chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and a tray of gooey chocolate brownies.
Slimming World coronation quiche
This Slimming World coronation quiche is certainly fit for royalty packed with spinach, broad beans, and fresh tarragon...
By Slimming World Published
Baked lamb steaks
These baked lamb steaks are easy to cook in the pan with potatoes and cherry tomatoes, and each portion comes in under 400 calories. A great weekend supper idea.
By Jessica Dady Published
Low-fat chicken burgers
If you love a burger but want to find a healthy alternative try this one using lower-fat ingredients.
By Keiron George Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published