Mango and coconut pair perfectly together in this mango cupcakes recipe. Prepare these cupcakes in just 10 minutes.
The juicy mango really adds a fresh flavour and moist texture to these mango cupcakes. Textured with desiccated coconut, these tropical cupcakes are bursting with a fruity taste. A simple buttercream completes this cupcake recipe (opens in new tab).
- 4oz softened unsalted butter
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1oz desiccated coconut
- 1 mango, chopped
For the buttercream:
- 4oz unsalted butter, softened
- 4oz icing sugar
- Mango or raspberry puree (optional)
- Desiccated coconut, toasted coconut strips, dried or fresh mango (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 and line a 12 hole muffin tray with cases. Beat the butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Mix in chopped mango, reserving some for decoration.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter for a few minutes until soft and add in the icing sugar.
- Pipe or spread buttercream onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with reserved mango or dried mango strips, desiccated or toasted coconut.
Top tips for making mango cupcakes
If you’re not a fan of coconut, try this recipe with ground almonds instead and decorate with flaked almonds. Store in an airtight container for up to two days.
You might also like…
Chocolate cupcake recipe (opens in new tab)
Hummingbird Bakery’s vanilla cupcakes recipe (opens in new tab)
Oreo cupcakes (opens in new tab)