Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This deliciously flavourful monkfish with Parma ham recipe works really well with veggies on the side. The soft texture of the monkfish combined with the powerful taste of parma ham makes a terrific pairing.
Just add asparagus spears, baby sweetcorn and some hot and crispy roast potatoes (opens in new tab) for a deliciously healthy alternative to Sunday lunch.
- 2 x 175g (6oz) monkfish fillets
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 45ml (3tbsp) virgin olive oil
- 100g (4oz) asparagus spears
- 100g (4oz) baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5. Season the monkfish with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Wrap each fillet with 2 slices of Parma ham.
- Heat 15ml (1tbsp) of the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the monkfish fillets for 2-3 mins. Transfer to a small roasting tin and roast in the oven for 10 mins.
- Toss the asparagus and baby sweetcorn in another 15ml (1tbsp) of the oil and place around the monkfish. Roast for a further 10-15 mins until the fish is firm to the touch and the vegetables are just tender.
- Slice each monkfish fillet into 3 and arrange on top of the roasted vegetables. Drizzle over the rest of the olive oil and serve immediately.
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
These crispy sweetcorn fritters only take seconds to make and taste delicious.
By Nic Hopkirk • Published
Creamed corn salad
Creamed corn salad is a super simple and delicious side dish that's great with roast pork belly for an American-style dinner.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Gordon Ramsay's honey glazed ham
Gordon Ramsay's honey glazed ham recipe is a great staple as it can be served hot or cold. Whether served as a Christmas ham or Sunday lunch it's delicious!
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
This super easy heating hack to save on energy bills takes SECONDS to do
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published