A wholesome rosti fish pie recipe for 4. This is tasty and substantial to serve on its own. It has moist smoked haddock fillets and asparagus. This recipe serves 4 people and takes 55 mins to make. This delicious, potato topped pie is made with a rich, creamy sauce and is packed with fresh fish as well as tasty vegetables too including asparagus. A portion of this delicious fish pie works out at 672 calories per serving and 46g fat. It's a luxurious treat for the weekend. A great choice instead of your usual roast dinner!
Like this? You're going to love our classic fish pie recipe!
- 4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 500g (1lb) skinless smoked haddock fillets, cut into chunks
- 200ml jar hollandaise sauce
- 100g (3½oz) asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbs freshly chopped dill
- 1 tbs capers
- 30g (1oz) butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper
1.25 litre (2 pint) pie dish
- Put the potatoes into a pan of boiling water, bring the water back to the boil, and then simmer for 10 mins. Drain them well.
- Set the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5 .
- Put the haddock, hollandaise, asparagus, dill and capers into the pie dish.
- Wearing rubber gloves (as the potatoes may still be hot), peel away the potatoes’ skins. Coarsely grate each of them in individual mounds on a chopping board.
- Use a spatula to lift each potato mound on top of the fish. Dot the butter over the potatoes and season well.
- Bake for 25 mins until the potatoes are golden, and the fish and asparagus are tender.
Top Tip for making Rosti fish pie
Grate the potato directly on top of the filling, if you prefer.
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Smoked haddock in mushroom sauce
This smoked haddock in mushroom sauce is creamy and delicious and perfect for sharing. Serve with new potatoes or rice
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Mrs Hinch leaves the internet in shock with very bizarre dinner recipe
By Hayley Minn • Published
This 11p lunch is perfect for saving money as living costs rise
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Cyber Monday travel deals: Save on trips at British Airways, easyJet and Virgin Atlantic with these late Black Friday discounts
By Grace Walsh • Published