Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A wholesome rosti fish pie recipe for 4. This is tasty and substantial to serve on its own. It has moist smoked haddock fillets and asparagus. This recipe serves 4 people and takes 55 mins to make. This delicious, potato topped pie is made with a rich, creamy sauce and is packed with fresh fish as well as tasty vegetables too including asparagus. A portion of this delicious fish pie works out at 672 calories per serving and 46g fat. It's a luxurious treat for the weekend. A great choice instead of your usual roast dinner!
Like this? You're going to love our classic fish pie recipe!
- 4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 500g (1lb) skinless smoked haddock fillets, cut into chunks
- 200ml jar hollandaise sauce
- 100g (3½oz) asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbs freshly chopped dill
- 1 tbs capers
- 30g (1oz) butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper
1.25 litre (2 pint) pie dish
- Put the potatoes into a pan of boiling water, bring the water back to the boil, and then simmer for 10 mins. Drain them well.
- Set the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5 .
- Put the haddock, hollandaise, asparagus, dill and capers into the pie dish.
- Wearing rubber gloves (as the potatoes may still be hot), peel away the potatoes’ skins. Coarsely grate each of them in individual mounds on a chopping board.
- Use a spatula to lift each potato mound on top of the fish. Dot the butter over the potatoes and season well.
- Bake for 25 mins until the potatoes are golden, and the fish and asparagus are tender.
Top Tip for making Rosti fish pie
Grate the potato directly on top of the filling, if you prefer.