Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This healthy and easy to make veggie Quorn mince lasagne is packed with veg peppers, courgettes and tomatoes, this vegetarian lasagne with soya mince is healthy and tasty. This recipe serves 6 people - making it perfect for feeding the whole family in one go, plus any unexpected guests too! It will take around 1hr and 20 mins to cook this dish so we'd recommend making it and preparing it ahead of time so it can be on your dinner table at your usual time. This recipe is a great way to sneak veggies into your kids diet and to get them trying something new. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving.
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g soya mince or minced quorn
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 315ml red wine
- 400g tin plum tomatoes
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers in brine
- 4 sheets of lasagne
For the cheese sauce:
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- A good grating of whole nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 3tbsp cornflour
- 1tsp English mustard
- 60g reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Heat up a big saucepan and add the olive oil. Sweat the onion, celery, carrot and garlic for around 5 mins over a medium heat then add in the soya mince.
- Add the wine. Cook until the wine has all been absorbed and then add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaf and oregano. Season and simmer for 30 mins or until rich and tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C). Heat a griddle pan. Season the courgettes and lightly chargrill or sear on each side, then leave on a plate until assembling time. Drain the peppers and also add to the plate.
- Now, make the cheese sauce. Heat the milk up gently with a good grating of nutmeg and some pepper. Mix the cornflour with 50ml of milk and whisk back into the milk, continuing to cook for 2-3 mins until thickened. Add the mustard and half the cheese. Check seasoning and set aside.
- Take a baking dish and start layering up the ingredients. Start with a layer of soya mince followed by peppers, then meat, courgettes, soya again then pasta and finally cheese sauce. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 20-30 mins or until bubbling. Serve with a large salad.
Top Tip for making Veggie Quorn mince lasagne
Soya mince is a good source of protein, which makes it particularly great for vegetarians