- Prince Harry and Prince William have revealed the household habit their father, King Charles, drilled into them when they were younger.
- The pair have continued the habit into adulthood with Prince Harry admitting that Meghan Markle (opens in new tab) finds it baffling.
- In other royal news (opens in new tab), Prince Harry planned to step back from the Royal Family as early as 2018, claims royal biographer (opens in new tab).
One of a parent's most important roles is to teach their children skills and pass down the useful habits that will allow them to succeed as adults. In a royal household, those skills may be slightly different to the ones taught by the average parent, but it appears that at least one habit Princes Harry and William picked up from their father is relatable.
Prince Harry mentioned one of the eco-conscious habits that he's picked up from King Charles in a documentary about his father several years ago, with Prince William admitting he also did it.
The habit? The family are obsessed with turning off lights.
Speaking about his dad, the then Prince Charles, in the documentary Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70, Harry revealed, "He's a stickler for turning lights off and that's now something that I'm obsessed with as well, which is insane because actually, my wife goes 'Well, why turn the lights off? You know it's dark'.
"I go 'we only need one light, we don't need like six', and all of a sudden, it becomes a habit and those small habit changes he's making, every single person can do. And I think that's one of the key lessons certainly that I felt that he taught us."
William was quick to agree with his brother, adding, "I know I've got serious OCD on light switches now which is terrible."
With Prince Harry and King Charles' relationship now at “near rock bottom” according to The Sun, to think about the Prince continuing to follow through with habits given to him by his father is a heartwarming and hopeful sentiment.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle lost first Netflix douseries director over ‘artistic differences’, claims TV insider (opens in new tab)
- Meghan Markle draws comparison to Princess Diana as it’s revealed she quietly helped a family in need (opens in new tab)
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Christmas plans as they 'reject' King Charles' Sandringham invite (opens in new tab)
- Prince Harry and Prince William partied so much as teenagers that Highgrove House was known as “Club H”, claims royal author (opens in new tab)
- Kate Middleton's 'special relationship' with King Charles proves they are 'tuned in to each other' (opens in new tab)