How do you line a square cake tin? Getting this right can be tricky, but it's such an important part of creating the perfect bake. Here Sue McMahon, Woman's Weekly cookery editor, and star baker tell you her easy method for lining a square cake tin. See also, how to line a round cake tin.
1. Grab some non-stick baking parchment, fold the paper in half, rest the tin on top, and draw around it with a pencil.
2. Use scissors to cut out the circle just inside the line. Put to one side.
3. For the sides of the tin, lay the tin on its side and wrap the baking parchment around it so it's fully covered. Then cut off that section of parchment.
4. Fold the paper in half lengthways and then almost in half again, so that the height of the paper is just slightly higher than the height of the tin.
5. Fold the paper so that it is the length of the tin, make a mark with your nail, and repeat three more times so that all four sides of the tin have been measured and four sharp corners have been made.
6. Cut out a V shape on each fold so that the paper will fit in the tin.
7. Place the sidelining into the tin and press down on the cut folds, then place the bottom parchment circle on the base of the tin.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Jessica Dady is Food Editor at GoodTo and has over 11 years of experience as a digital editor, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the must-buy seasonal food hampers and advent calendars for Christmas to the family-friendly air fryers that’ll make dinner time a breeze, Jessica loves trying and testing various food products to find the best of the best for the busy parents among us. Over the years of working with GoodTo, Jessica has had the privilege of working alongside Future’s Test Kitchen to create how-to videos exclusively for GoodtoEat - as well as writing, testing, and shooting her own recipes. When she’s not embracing the great outdoors with her family at the weekends, Jessica enjoys baking up a storm in the kitchen with her favourite bakes being chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and a tray of gooey chocolate brownies.
"A sexless marriage isn't destined for divorce" - we talk to the experts about the most common reason couples stop having sex (and trust us, you’re not alone)
Are you in a sexless marriage or feel like you and your other half are roommates right now? Keep reading…
By Stephanie Lowe Published
This baby name is giving 'old gentleman' vibes and new parents are loving it - would you choose it?
It's not the only vintage choice that's making a comeback
By Ellie Hutchings Published