Potato wedges have always been such a good adition to any dish so why not make them centre stage in this delicious recipe for a bacon and potato wedge omelette. This omelette is really simple to make, and tastes fantastic with some grated Cheshire cheese on top!
- 350g new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon, chopped
- 100g sweetcorn
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- Dash of milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 75g Cheshire cheese, grated
- Place the new potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15 mins or until tender then drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 3-4 mins. Add the sweetcorn and potatoes and fry for a further 1 min.
- Lightly beat the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and half the cheese. Add to the pan and cook gently for 3-4 mins until almost set.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place under a preheated grill until golden.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve with tomato ketchup and crisps of the flavour of your choice.
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Cloud eggs recipe: How to make Instagram's latest breakfast obsession
Our cloud eggs recipe is really a pretty way to serve up your breakfast. With fluffy bottoms and dippy tops the whole family will love these...
By Rosie Conroy • Published
Crushed new potatoes
This simple crushed new potatoes salad makes a lovely easy lunchtime treat on warm summery days, or a great side dish with a barbecue.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Crushed potato salad
Forget shop bought potato salad or mayo-laiden calorie traps - this continental crushed potato salad recipe is quick, easy and packed with flavour.
By Sue McMahon • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Why is there an egg shortage in the UK? Here’s why supermarkets are running out of eggs
Find out why is there an egg shortage, as some supermarkets see their shelves left empty as a result of the ongoing issue.
By Ellie Hutchings • Last updated
M&S Food's Easter eggs have arrived and customers are not happy
Chocolate Easter eggs have already been spotted at Marks and Spencer's supermarkets
By Emma Dooney • Published
King Charles’ security to be stepped up ahead of Christmas appearance after two 'egg attacks'
Royal security bosses are in talks to tighten security for the King ahead of Christmas at Sandringham.
By Selina Maycock • Published