These chocolate pancakes are a must-make on Pancake Day made with decadent dark chocolate.
We've elevated the traditional pancake recipe (opens in new tab) by adding hazelnuts, homemade Nutella, cinnamon, and berries. Our recipe takes just 15 mins to cook and makes about eight pancakes depending on the size of your pan. Easy and delicious. Whip up a batch of these pancakes in just three simple steps.
- 150g plain flour
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 med eggs
- 300ml milk
- 60g toasted hazelnuts
- 2tbsp golden caster sugar
- 200ml single cream
- 200g bar dark chocolate
- Strawberries or raspberries
- To make the pancakes: Whizz flour with cocoa, salt, cinnamon, eggs and milk. Chill for 1 hr if you have time. Make eight 20cm pancakes.
- To make the spread: Blitz hazelnuts with caster sugar until fairly finely ground. Bring cream to almost to the boil in a pan. Take off the heat, add dark chocolate in pieces, stir to melt, and then stir in almost all of the nut mixture.
- Fold the pancakes into cones on plates. Spoon some choccy hazelnut spread. Serve with strawberries, or raspberries, and sprinkle with the rest of the chopped nuts, and dust with icing sugar.
Top tips for making chocolate pancakes:
We've outlined how to make your own chocolate spread above. But if you want to save time, just add a few spoonfuls of Nutella instead.
You might also like...
Batter (opens in new tab)
American pancakes (opens in new tab)
(opens in new tab)