If you’re looking for an extra sweet, naughty treat for Easter morning, try easy to make Creme Egg pain au chocolat. Ready in just 30 mins, these delicious pastry wraps hide a gooey warm Creme Egg. Drizzle with chocolate and serve.
For this Easter recipe (opens in new tab) you will need:
- 1 x pack Jus-Rol puff pastry
- 1 x egg
- 12 mini Creme Eggs
- 6 squares chocolate, melted, or 1tbsp Nutella for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven 180C/gas mark 4 and line a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Unroll the pack of Jus-Rol pastry and cut into 6 rectangular strips measuring 17.5cm x 8cm.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and brush onto the edges of strip.
- Place 2 Creme Eggs onto one strip of pastry. Roll the left edge of the pastry around the first Creme Egg reaching the middle. Continue to wrap the pastry over the second Creme Egg, meeting the right edge of the pastry. Repeat this process 5 more times to create 6 Creme Egg pan au chocolats.
- Spread out evenly onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool before serving or drizzling with melted chocolate or Nutella.
Top Tip for making Creme Egg pain au chocolat
These Creme Egg pan au chocolat are best eaten fresh.
You might also like...
Creme Egg recipes
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Rocky road Easter eggs
Rocky road Easter eggs are so easy to make with just 4 ingredients including white chocolate, Mini Eggs and marshmallows. Easy and delicious!
By Anneliese Giggins • Published
Mars bar Easter nests
Mini Mars bar nests are so easy to make with the kids and can be decorated with your favourite Easter treats like chocolate eggs
By Jessica Dady • Published
Decorated cookies for Easter
Looking for biscuit recipes, easter recipes, gizzie erskine recipes or easter biscuit recipes? Gizzi Erskine shows you how to make these easy biscuits in our step-by-step video recipe, plus fun decorating ideas for the kids.
By Gizzi Erskine • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Kinder Surprise salmonella warning issued as chocolate eggs RECALLED ahead of Easter
By Selina Maycock • Published
Cadbury issue warning over Easter egg scam on WhatsApp
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Aldi is selling a sausage roll maker for under £15 and it's the ULTIMATE stocking filler for pastry lovers
By Naomi Jamieson • Published