These Mini Egg brownies are simple to make but they look as professional as anything you'd get from a packet.
These beautifully moist and stodgy brownies are the such a delicious Easter indulgence. Topped with a delicious buttercream frosting and entirely enveloped in chocolate, plus a little row of Mini Eggs. They look like they've been professionally made but they taste so much better. We've use a small loaf tray for this recipe, which makes cake bars already cut to size. However, if you don't have one, you can use a normal brownie tray and just cut them into bars when they are cooked.
For the brownies:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 30g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
For the filling:
- 110g butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml milk
- 100g milk chocolate
- 18-24 Mini Eggs
You will also need:
- A small loaf tin tray or a bun tin for round bars
- Cake release spray
- Preheat oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and spray each the tray with cake release spray.
- Melt the dark chocolate on a low heat in the microwave, stirring every now and then until melted. Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rest of the ingredients and whisk with an electric hand whisk until combined. Gradually pour in the melted chocolate and combine.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into each individual slot in the small loaf tin tray. Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins until springy to touch.
- Leave to cool and then pop out the tin and leave to cool further on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile make the buttercream by combining all the of the ingredients together with an electric hand whisk. Once you’re happy with your buttercream spoon it onto each brownie bar and spread with a knife. Make sure you get most of the buttercream in the centre of the brownie bar to create the ridge – you can use a piping bag to make it easier.
- Put the bars in the fridge to set a little. Melt the chocolate on a low heat in the microwave, stirring every now and then. Leave to cool a little.
- Take the brownie bars out of the fridge, place on some greaseproof paper and spoon over the chocolate until covered. Pop 3 Mini Eggs on each bar and leave to set.
Top tips for making Mini Egg brownie bars:
Topped with Mini Eggs, these obviously make a great Easter treat. But you can make them at any other time of year and top them with Smarties, Chocolate Buttons, Milky Bar Buttons or Dolly Mixtures. They're great to take to kids parties.
You might also like…
Mini Egg recipes (opens in new tab)
Mini Egg Cookies (opens in new tab)
Creme Egg Brownies (opens in new tab)