Love bread but can't eat gluten? Why not try making our delicious olive bread made from gluten-free flour. Add olives, rosemary and parmesan cheese to the bread mixture for extra taste.
- 200g (7oz) gluten-free white bread flour (we used Doves Farm)
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 284ml carton buttermilk
- 3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pitted, green olives, sliced
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves, plus 1 sprig, leaves removed
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
900g (2lb) loaf tin, greased and strip-lined
- Set the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Put the flour, salt and baking powder into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the buttermilk, eggs and oil, and mix with a dough hook or the beater, to make a smooth batter.
- Add the olives, chopped rosemary and 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, sprinkle with the rosemary leaves and rest of the Parmesan. Bake for 50 mins, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Top Tip for making Gluten-free olive bread
This bread is delicious with a tomato and avocado salad.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gluten-free Christmas pudding
A gluten-free Christmas pudding is just as delicious as the classic recipe. This one takes just thirty minutes prep thanks to some clever substitutions.
By Rosie Hopegood • Published
Gluten-free scones are perfect for anyone who is gluten intolerant and they go great with a cup of afternoon tea and plenty of jam and cream...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Gluten-free Christmas cake
This gluten-free Christmas cake is packed with rich, festive fruits and is just as delicious as a traditional cake.
By Nichola Palmer • Published