For a really special treat, give these super colourful rainbow pancakes a go and the kids will be really impressed.
These colourful pancakes are much easier to make than they may look. All you’ll need is our regular scotch pancakes (opens in new tab) recipe that you then split into batches and add all the colours of the rainbow too, with gel food colouring. It might sound fiddly, but the finished result is so worth it that this rainbow pancake is almost too good to eat. Finish them off with some edible glitter and your pancake will even have a pot of gold at the end. This isn’t just a pancake recipe (opens in new tab); it’s a work of art.
- 1 quantity of pancake batter
- 50ml milk
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, white and purple food gel colouring
- Edible glitter
- Start by making up some scotch pancake batter, we’ve used our scotch pancake recipe but added 50ml of milk to it.
- Divide the batter into seven batches and add either the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple or white food colour gel to each batch.
- Put each batch on pancake batter into a separate squeezy sauce bottle.
- Heat up a frying pan to a low to medium heat and start your rainbow pancake by drawing two clouds at either side of the pan using the white batter in a squeezy bottle.
- Starting with the red batter, make an arched line from one cloud to another and follow with each of the colours in the squeezy bottles. Once your rainbow is complete flip it in the pan to cook both sides.
- Take the pancake off the heat and serve on your plate of choice.
- Finish the pancake off by sprinkling edible glitter over each of the clouds.
You might also like...
Banana pancakes (opens in new tab)
American pancakes (opens in new tab)
Blueberry pancakes (opens in new tab)