Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Ready in just four easy steps, this delicious pappardelle with tuna sauce is a simple dinner option bursting with a rich tomato flavour.
The thick tomato-based sauce and soft pappardelle pasta make the perfect combination. Infuse the tuna sauce with onion, garlic, ripe tomatoes, oregano, and capers, which are optional. Serve with freshly chopped parsley.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g ripe tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 198g can tuna in brine, drained
- 1tbsp each green and black pitted olives, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g pappardelle
- fresh chopped oregano or parsley to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the onion gently for about 5 mins. Add the garlic, tomatoes and oregano, cover and simmer gently for 10 mins.
- Break up the tuna into small pieces and add to the tomatoes together with the olives, capers and seasoning.
- Cook the pappardelle according to pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta and divide between 4 bowls. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle with chopped oregano or parsley to serve.
Top tips for making pappardelle with tuna sauce
Capers are sold in brine or salt-packed. If using the salt-packed variety, rinse them under cold running water to decrease the saltiness before using.
You might also like...
Tinned tuna recipes (opens in new tab): 34 things to make with a tin of tuna
Pappardelle primavera (opens in new tab)
Slimming World's chicken pappardelle (opens in new tab)