Wonderful, healthy comfort food that the whole family will love, this Spanish-style veggie casserole is packed with goodness. Inspired by a classic sausage casserole.
- 2 tbsp Spanish olive oil
- 1 pack of Quorn sausages cut in to slices on the diagonal
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper, diced
- 100g sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 100ml sherry
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin broad beans or cannelleni beans drained
- 150ml/¼ pt vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and brown the slices of sausage until lightly browned. Using the remaining oil, fry the onions and garlic until softened, add the peppers to the pan and continue frying. Add a little water if necessary to prevent sticking. Stir in the sweetcorn, paprika and chilli powder and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the sherry.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and stock. Return the sausages to the pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, and scatter over the chopped parsley.
Read our tried and tested reviews of the best slow cookers. (opens in new tab)
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Quorn rice bowl
Frozen food is just as nutritious and tasty as using fresh foods. This healthy low-fat bowl of quorn, bean and spinach soup is made from food straight from the freezer and just as quick to prepare.
By Karen Whitehead • Published
Quorn, squash and spinach lasagne
This fresh vegetable lasagne recipe is so easy to make and filled with seasonal butternut squash, veggie mince and comes topped with a tasty parmesan crust.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
This chicken casserole recipe is a hearty meal that uses all the joints of chicken and plenty of root vegetables...
By Jessica Dady • Published
This Peshwari naan recipe is simple and makes a great Indian cuisine side dish. They only take minutes to cook and complete any classic Indian dish...
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Hairy Bikers' chicken and wild mushroom pie
A tender chicken and rich wild mushroom pie recipe by The Hairy Bikers. Ready in just six simple steps...
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Chicken and mushroom pie
This chicken and mushroom pie recipe is the ultimate comfort food. It's made with double cream, and white wine, and is infused with thyme...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Why does the Queen have two birthdays?
By Emily Stedman • Last updated
Why Kate Middleton has two major reasons to celebrate this week
Kate Middleton will be celebrating two milestone family events this week
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Published