Wonderful, healthy comfort food that the whole family will love, this Spanish-style veggie casserole is packed with goodness. Inspired by a classic sausage casserole.
- 2 tbsp Spanish olive oil
- 1 pack of Quorn sausages cut in to slices on the diagonal
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper, diced
- 100g sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 100ml sherry
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin broad beans or cannelleni beans drained
- 150ml/¼ pt vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and brown the slices of sausage until lightly browned. Using the remaining oil, fry the onions and garlic until softened, add the peppers to the pan and continue frying. Add a little water if necessary to prevent sticking. Stir in the sweetcorn, paprika and chilli powder and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the sherry.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and stock. Return the sausages to the pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, and scatter over the chopped parsley.
Read our tried and tested reviews of the best slow cookers. (opens in new tab)
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Sausage casserole recipe
This easy sausage casserole recipe combines cannellini beans, plum tomatoes, and potatoes into one hearty dinner...
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Quorn rice bowl
Frozen food is just as nutritious and tasty as using fresh foods. This healthy low-fat bowl of quorn, bean and spinach soup is made from food straight from the freezer and just as quick to prepare.
By Karen Whitehead • Published
Quorn, squash and spinach lasagne
This fresh vegetable lasagne recipe is so easy to make and filled with seasonal butternut squash, veggie mince and comes topped with a tasty parmesan crust.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Why does Prince William wear two watches at the same time?
Royal fans were left confused after The Prince of Wales stepped out wearing a watch on each wrist
By Charlie Elizabeth Culverhouse • Published
Alison Hammond 'engaged' to secret boyfriend after two years together
The This Morning presenter is set to marry her partner, Ben Hawkins, according to the English gardener's father
By Emma Dooney • Published
The reason Prince William and Kate Middleton have missed the BAFTAs for two years
Prince William and Princess Kate are attending the BAFTA Awards for the first time since 2020
By Naomi Bartram • Published