Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
If you like the finer things in life, treat yourself to this stack of indulgent Ferrero Rocher pancakes on Shrove Tuesday (opens in new tab). Made with a cocoa batter mix, plenty of Nutella and hazelnuts, these pancakes are also covered with edible gold to make them even more decadent. Serve this pancake recipe (opens in new tab) to family and friends, and they really will think you’re spoiling them.
For the batter:
- 100g plain flour
- 30g good quality cocoa
- 40g Billington’s golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 35g butter, melted
- 300ml full fat milk
- Pinch of table salt
For the fillings and topping:
- Five Askeys classic ice cream cones, roughly smashed
- 150g Nutella
- Gold glitter spray by Cake Décor
For the Ferrero Rocher sign:
- Dr Oetker 'Ready to Use' white fondant icing
- Tube of gold writing icing
- To make the pancakes: Combine the flour, cocoa, golden caster sugar, baking power, two large eggs and melted butter. Then, gradually whisk in the milk a little at a time, until the mixture is smooth. Add to the saucepan and heat on both sides until cooked. Set aside, and make two more.
- To fill: Top your first pancake with your Nutella and sprinkle over your crushed ice-cream cones, before placing another pancake on top. Add another layer of Nutella and hazelnuts, and cover with your last pancake.
- To decorate: Spray with editable gold glitter. Roll out and trim your white fondant icing, before decorating with a gold writing icing.
You might also like...
Banana pancakes (opens in new tab)
Chocolate chip pancakes (opens in new tab)
Scotch pancakes (opens in new tab)