Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A homemade salmon fish pie is pretty hard to beat, what better way to get your dose of oily fish than in the comforts of a warm pie? Our fish pie is topped with sliced new potatoes and is dotted with peas. The creamy cheese filling is very easy to make and uses a microwave to make the process even quicker. You’ll never want to use a ready-made sauce or sachet again. This salmon fish pie uses one salmon fillet and serves one, making it a great alternative for anyone who doesn’t like traditional fish pie recipes. You can easily multiply the ingredients depending on how many you are cooking for, just be sure to have enough individual pie dishes. Cooking the salmon fish pies in individual portions smartens up the presentation and is great if you’re trying to impress! Salmon is packed with omega-3, this is important for a healthy heart and brain.
Like this? You're going to love our classic fish pie recipe!
For the fish pie recipe (opens in new tab)
- 5 new potatoes (175g), sliced
- 2tbsp cream cheese
- 100ml milk
- 1tsp thickening granules
- 200g salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2tbsp frozen peas
- 1tsp butter
- Heat oven to 200°C. Put the potatoes in a pan of salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 mins, to soften them.
- Put the cream cheese in a jug. Gradually stir in the milk and thickening granules; season. Microwave on High for 1 min, to thicken slightly.
- Put the salmon in the base of a small ovenproof dish. Squeeze over the lemon juice, then scatter over the frozen peas and pour over the milky mixture.
- Drain the potatoes and arrange over the fish, overlapping, to cover. Dot with butter. Bake for 20 mins, until the fish and potatoes are tender and the topping is starting to brown.
You might also like…
Salmon fillet recipes (opens in new tab)
Salmon pasta recipes (opens in new tab)
Canned salmon recipes (opens in new tab)