Make these white chocolate muffins with white chocolate, sour cream, milk, and macadamia nuts.
Unlike our classic chocolate muffins recipe, these muffins are made purely with white chocolate. The white chocolate adds creaminess to these muffins. The crunchy, earthy macadamia nuts really complement the sweetness of the white chocolate. Bake a batch in just 20 minutes.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1tspn baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 75g white chocolate chips
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 100ml soured cream
- 100ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 80g melted butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
- In a bowl sift together the self-raising flour, baking powder and caster sugar. Mix through the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- In a separate bowl mix the soured milk, milk and eggs and stir until well combined. Mix through the melted butter.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Divide between the 12 cases and scatter the remaining sweets over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
Top tips for making white chocolate muffins
Save a few macadamia nuts to scatter over the top before baking for a toasted nut flavour.
You might also like…
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Jessica Dady is Food Editor at GoodTo and has over 11 years of experience as a digital editor, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the must-buy seasonal food hampers and advent calendars for Christmas to the family-friendly air fryers that’ll make dinner time a breeze, Jessica loves trying and testing various food products to find the best of the best for the busy parents among us. Over the years of working with GoodTo, Jessica has had the privilege of working alongside Future’s Test Kitchen to create how-to videos exclusively for GoodtoEat - as well as writing, testing, and shooting her own recipes. When she’s not embracing the great outdoors with her family at the weekends, Jessica enjoys baking up a storm in the kitchen with her favourite bakes being chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and a tray of gooey chocolate brownies.
This easy chocolate muffins recipe makes 12 and take 20 minutes to bake.
By Jessica Ransom Last updated
Banana and bacon muffins make a delicious combo that is not to be missed. Perfect for weekend brunch these tasty muffins are full of flavour
By Nichola Palmer Published
Chocolate orange muffins
By Jessica Dady Published