Slimming World's burger and chips is a guilt-free version of this pub classic, a perfect family dinner that everyone will enjoy.
This is one of our favourite Slimming World recipes, - easy to make and so cheering, you really won't feel like you're eating healthy food at all. The burger is made with extra lean beef, with onions, garlic and a dash of Worcestershire sauce to add a kick of flavour. Just like a pub lunch version, it's served with crispy bacon and melted cheese, and a portion of crips and delicious oven-baked chips. These chips are one of the secret weapons of the Slimming World eating plan - they go with almost everything and they are complete syn-free
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 back bacon rashers, all visible fat removed
- 40g reduced fat Cheddar-style cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls, split and toasted
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- Cucumber, sliced
- 4 tbsp passata
- Salad, to serve
For the chips:
- 1kg floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward, peeled and cut into thick chips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cook the chips in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water over high heat for 5 minutes. Drain, return to the saucepan, and shake to rough up the edges.
- Spray a baking sheet with low-calorie cooking spray. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the onion, garlic, beef and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, season to taste and combine using your fingers. Divide the mixture into four portions and shape each one into a burger.
- Put the burgers on the grill pan, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and grill for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Grill the bacon alongside the burgers until done to your liking, and top the burgers with the cheese for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time to melt.
- Fill each roll with tomato, lettuce, cucumber, two bacon rashers, a burger, and 1 tbsp passata. Serve hot with the chips and salad.
Watch how to make Slimming World's burger and chips
Top tips for making Slimming World’s burger and chips
Flipping your homemade burger more frequently during their cook time actually encourages faster, more even internal cooking, and can shave off as much as one-third of your grill time.
If you want to make the chips more quickly, you can swap them for skin on wedges so there's no need to peel them. Cut the potatoes in half along the widest point, to give you the widest, flattest halves. Then cut each half into 3-4 wedges.
For more information on the Slimming World plan, visit slimmingworld.co.uk
You might also like...
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World coronation quiche
This Slimming World coronation quiche is certainly fit for royalty packed with spinach, broad beans, and fresh tarragon...
By Slimming World Published
Greek-inspired bean burgers
It takes just six ingredients - including pitta and readymade salad - to make these mouthwatering Greek-inspired bean burgers
By Jessica Ransom Published
Cheese and pickle straws
This cheese and pickle straws takes a simple party staple and ramps it up a level by adding a twist of tangy pickle to the mix.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Our aquafaba pavlova is an egg-less, vegan twist on the humble dessert and it’s made in four steps.
By Rose Fooks Published
Our grape focaccia is delicious warm or cold and tastes similar to an oozy jam doughnut
By Rose Fooks Published
Orange polenta and olive oil cake
This orange polenta and olive oil cake has just a handful of ingredients and will taste even better if you can bake it a couple of days ahead.
By Rose Fooks Published
McDonald’s to make FOUR changes to its burger recipe and fans are delighted
The fast-food chain has revealed its revamped recipe which it claims will feature "small but tasty improvements"
By Selina Maycock Published
Kate Middleton has reportedly ‘FaceTimed’ her kids everyday while in hospital as Prince William holds down the fort at home
The Princess of Wales is recovering from surgery in The London Clinic
By Charlie Elizabeth Culverhouse Published
Why George, Charlotte and Louis won’t be joining the rest of the family for Christmas dinner
He'll be sat at a different table from King Charles and senior Royals...
By Adam England Published