This sweet and gooey strawberry crumble is sure to be devoured in one sitting.
Pair the crunchy, buttery crumble topping (opens in new tab) with the syrupy strawberries to make the ultimate after-dinner treat. Add a few drops of Balsamic vinegar to the mix to make the strawberry flavour sing. This strawberry crumble takes 30 minutes to cook till golden. Serve with a dollop of thick cream or vanilla custard.
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 25g caster sugar
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150g plain flour
- 75g hard margarine
- 75g granulated sugar
- 25g oatmeal
- Turn on the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6).
- Cut up any strawberries that are too big and place into a shallow ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the caster sugar and Balsamic vinegar.
- Place the flour into a large bowl and cut up the margarine into it. Rub together with clean, cool hands until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in the sugar and oatmeal to form a crumble topping. Evenly spread the crumble over the strawberries.
- Place on a baking sheet in the oven and cook until crumble is lightly brown and the fruit is beginning to bubble round the sides (30-35 mins).
- Serve hot with cream or ice cream or cold with creme fraiche.
Top tips for making strawberry crumble:
We've used fresh strawberries here, but frozen strawberries (when thawed) make a suitable alternative.
You might also like...
Apple crumble (opens in new tab)
Rhubarb crumble (opens in new tab)
Peach crumble (opens in new tab)